Visit hidden gardens in our unique Georgian town
Next event: 12th Hidden Gardens – Sunday 23rdJune 19
Attending the Event: If you wish to attend the ticket are available from the Blandford information Centre (Tel:01258 454770 ; Post Code: DT11 7AW) two weeks before the event or on the day. There will be about 18 gardens (large and small; Georgian to contemporary) open from 11 am to 5pm. All money raised goes to local groups and charities. Tickets £5 for all gardens – 18 and under free.
The event is run by Blandford Stour Rotary, with support from the Clean-up-Blandford Campaign, Blandford Information Centre and the Town Team Community Interest Company.
Colten Care sponsor the printing of leaflets and tickets.
Opening your garden: It is very easy to open your garden: you tell me you are opening and provide me with some details. I will give you periodic updates. I will do the rest. If you wish to open your garden email: David Rose @ [email protected]
Money raised: In 2018 we jointly raised £2717 and over £20,000 since we started in 2008. The money raised this year went to the following charities and organisations:
- Blandford Environmental Trust ,
- Blandford Information Centre,
- Blandford Men-in-Sheds,
- Blandford Museum Victorian Garden,
- Blandford Town Museum,
- Cancer Research UK – Breast Cancer,
- Cat’s Protection,
- Fashion Museum,
- Friends of Blandford Hospital,
- Louis Ross Foundation,
- Parish Church Cupola Fund,
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award (for two 6thform pupils at Blandford School to go away on a leadership weekend),
- Salvation Army,
- Young Enterprise (entry fee for the event for 6thformers at Blandford School).