Visit hidden gardens in our unique Georgian town
Next event: 12th Hidden Gardens – Sunday 5th September 2021
Attending the Event: If you wish to attend the event tickets will be available from the Blandford TIC on West Street (Tel:01258 454770 ; Post Code: DT11 7AW) two weeks before the event and on the day. There will be about 18 gardens (large and small; Georgian to contemporary) open from 11 am to 5pm. All money raised goes to local groups and charities. Tickets £5 for all gardens – 18 and under free.
The event, inspired and managed by David Rose of Blandford Stour Rotary, with support from the Clean-up-Blandford Campaign, Blandford Information Centre and the Town Team, until this year, has been handed over to the Blandford Environmental Trust which manages the Angus Wood community woodland on St Leonards Avenue.
Colten Care kindly sponsor the printing of leaflets and tickets.
Opening your garden: It is very easy to open your garden: you tell me you are opening and provide me with some details. I will give you periodic updates. I will do the rest. If you wish to open your garden email: Nic Nicol at [email protected]
Money raised: In 2018 we jointly raised £2717 and over £20,000 since we started in 2008. The money raised this year went to the following charities and organisations:
- Blandford Environmental Trust ,
- Blandford Information Centre,
- Blandford Men-in-Sheds,
- Blandford Museum Victorian Garden,
- Blandford Town Museum,
- Cancer Research UK – Breast Cancer,
- Cat’s Protection,
- Fashion Museum,
- Friends of Blandford Hospital,
- Louis Ross Foundation,
- Parish Church Cupola Fund,
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award (for two 6thform pupils at Blandford School to go away on a leadership weekend),
- Salvation Army,
- Young Enterprise (entry fee for the event for 6thformers at Blandford School).