Aims of the Clean Up Blandford Campaign
The aims of the CUBC are to:
- Organise volunteers to pick-up litter in Blandford Forum town centre and Blandford St Mary after community events, and raise public awareness about litter issues;
- Encourage those who litter to dispose of litter responsibly;
- Persuade those with a statutory or commercial responsibility to clear-up litter, to do better.
Organiser: David Rose
e-mail: [email protected]
Want to help?
Litter-picks take place immediately after the Carnival, the Georgian Fayre and the Blandford Yuletide Festival. They are organised by Blandford Stour Rotary https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=1831 and the Town Team Community Interest Company.
Just turn up to help. Litter pickers, gloves, high visibility vests, litter bags and public liability insurance cover are provided. The risk assessment is updated regularly to ensure volunteers work in a safe environment. Link to risk assessment here.
Litter-pick for as long as you like. Do 10 minutes or a maximum of 2 hours.
Let us know beforehand if you would like to clear a particular area and we’ll do our best to form a group to help.
We are proud that the Dorset Rangers https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/countryside-coast-parks/countryside-management/countryside-management-in-dorset/north-dorset-countryside-service.aspx regularly support these events. They collect and take away bags at designated collection points.
The CUBC run and support the following events:
- Big Blandford Clean Up in May. Meet at the Blue (Mortain Bridge), Marsh & Ham by the weir at 10 am;
- Town Clean Up in September. Meet at the Blue (Mortain Bridge), Marsh & Ham by the weir at 10 am;
- Yuletide Festival Clean Up in December. Meet at the front door of St Peter & St Paul Parish Church in the town centre.
The public are welcome to borrow the equipment (free of charge) to do their own litter picks. Organisers need to provide their own bags. Send an email to arrange to collect and return the equipment at your convenience.
Do you regularly litter-pick?
We will gladly provide you with a litter picker if you regularly pick-up litter in the town – keep up the good work. Send us an email and we will arrange to give you one.