Pay monthly websites for £30 per month, built within 48 hours!
Opening Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The house forms the central part of a large Victorian building which was built as the choristers’ house for St. Martin’s church, Bryanston, by the Portman family who then owned the estate. The estate is now home to Byranston School. Built in approx 1886 the house was originally called St Martin’s House, but this name appears to have been dropped in the l940s after the house was divided. The northern section was again divided in the early eighties and we bought the middle part shortly afterwards. Having gradually brought the heart of the building back to its former elegance, we felt it to be only right to also reinstate its original name! Although the whole building, and our central part, has undergone many changes, the principal features were fortunately left intact. We particularly love the huge etched and stained glass window in the stairwell. We have had many years of restoring damaged (one might even say vandalised!) mouldings and architraves, stripping back wooden features to show off the beauty of the grain. Now re-wired, re-plumbed, with central heating throughout and a bathroom for every bedroom, St. Martin’s is once again elegant, comfortable and a much loved home. We hope that
Blandford’s brilliant monthly community magazine – news, views and events
Opening Hours: 4:00 am - 12:00 pm